Gravity Hot Water Systems Explained
In Gravity Hot Water Systems, heating of domestic hot water relies on convective action to circulate hot water from the boiler to the cylinder. Although simple it’s not efficient and typically will suffer from the following problems:
- hot water takes a long time to replenish.
- water may be too hot, usually there is no cylinder thermostat.
- frequent boiler firing, as water thermo-cycles.
- no hot water replenishment when central heating is in use.
A gravity Domestic Hot Water(DHW) system is easily identified, there will be four pipes connected to the boiler.
Other types of heating systems explained
- WARRANTY REGISTRATION FORM
- Kitchen Condensing Boiler Specifications
- External Condensing Boiler Specifications
- Non Condensing Boiler Specifications
- Flue Terminating Positions
- Flue Options
- Flue Kits & Accessories
- Oil Fired Boiler Fuel Supply System
- Oil Filter & Filtration
- Fire Valve
- Oil Line Hose
- Oil Tank Fuel Supply
- Condensate Drain Trap Options
- Priming Oil Burner
- Product Brochures & Guides
- Building Regulations
- Videos library
- Why choose heating oil
- Heating Systems explained
- Useful Links