- Hounsfieled Boilers Ltd. is committed to protecting your privacy.
- Hounsfield Boilers Ltd. has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy.
- The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the company, Hounsfield Boilers Ltd. and the website at URL http://hounsfieldboilers.co.uk
- Hounsfieled Boilers Ltd. does not disclose visitors’ information to third parties.
- Any information that you provide us with, whether it be business or personal information (such as your name or address), cannot be seen by third parties.
- The information we keep is stored on our own computer systems, not on a website.
- This site may at times contain links to other, third party websites: Hounsfieled Boilers Ltd. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- This privacy statement is not presented as a legally binding contract.
- When we say ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’ or ‘Hounsfield Boilers’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own, control and run the Site.
- It explains how we comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act -pre GDPR enforcement) and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations).
- This policy will explain areas of this website that may affect your privacy and personal details, how we process, collect, manage and store those details and how your rights under the GDPR, DPA & PECR are adhered to. We abide by UK Law and our data protection regulator within the UK is the Information Commissioners Office.
The DPA & GDPR May 2018
- We and this website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into effect from May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK’s exit from the European Union.
What personal information do we collect or use?
- We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Sites.
- The most common types of information we collect include things like names, email address, address and other contact details and web analytics data.
- We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete a contact form, subscribe to a newsletter, or register a warranty.
How we may use your personal information?
- We will use your personal information where this is necessary for purposes which are in our legitimate interests. To provide information or services that you have requested. To manage our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us by contact form, sign up form or registration form, and to improve our products and services.
- Also where you give your consent, for purposes which are required by law or responding to requests by government.
- We are based in the UK, so your data will be stored in the UK.
Cookies on our website
- The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
Downloads & Media Files
- Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third-party anti-virus software or similar applications.
Email Mailing List & Marketing Messages
- We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe through an online automated process where they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
- Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages (or unsubscribe from all Mailchimp lists). The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and if it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
- Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons/tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
External Website Links & Third Parties
- Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text/banner/image links to other websites.
- URL shortening is a technique used on the web to shorten URL’s (Uniform Resource Locators) to something substantially shorter. This technique is especially used in social media and looks similar to this (example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users should take caution before clicking on shortened URL links and verify their authenticity before proceeding.
- We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should, therefore, note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Policy & Usage
- There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
- We are required under the Regulations to obtain your consent to our collection, processing, sharing and holding of your personal data. Please ensure you have read this notice fully and accept all that it contains. If you have any queries, please contact us directly.
- Please contact us should you not be able to read or understand this notice sufficiently.
How to Contact us or Opt out
- Users contacting us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details reqested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
- Our mailings provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor.
- You have the right to obtain from Hounsfield Boilers Ltd. free information about your personal data stored at any time and a copy of this information. And you can contact us to discontinue receiving future communications.
Contact us by any of the following means: Send an e-mail to email@example.com or in writing to Hounsfield Boilers Ltd., Unit 4 Maitland Road, Lion Barn Industrial Estate, Needham Market, Suffolk IP6 8NZ or by phone 01449 722461.
- Alternatively you can use the above contact details to request access to the personal information we hold on you.
- We aim to maintain accurate and up to date information. We will correct immediately if we are advised of inaccuracies. We may from time to time contact customers to verify the information that we hold is correct, or to advise of a change in our information.
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you
- For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
Resources & Further Information
Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
Data Protection Act 1998
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
The Guide to the PECR 2003